Date of entry into force: 29 March 2021
Scope and application
This Policy applies to drivers, couriers, partner transport companies and other persons who use the App2Track platform under license (collectively “Carrier” or separately “you”). The Policy also does not apply to persons (e.g. Clients, Shippers) who use our app or Services to require transportation, delivery or other on-demand services (“Users”). If you are in contact with the Services as a User and as a Carrier, the respective privacy policies apply to the two different types of interactions.
Collection of information
Information you provide us with
We collect information that you provide to us directly, such as when you create, modify or log into your account, seek help from us, submit your NIWO license, your driver’s license, submit information about your vehicles) or otherwise communicate with us. This information includes, but is not limited to: name, e-mail, telephone number, postal address, payment information, vehicle registration information, vehicle licenses and business licenses, driver’s license information and other information that you provide to us.
Information we collect through your use of our services
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following broad categories:
- Location information: As a condition for providing transportation, delivery or other services to Users via the App2Track platform, your exact location information must be provided to App2Track via the app you are using. If the App2Track app has permission to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“platform”), we collect the exact location of your device when the app is open in the foreground or background. Access to the GPS data of your device is critical in order to ensure visibility for your Control Tower or Transportation Platform, and provide track & trace data to the Carrier and/or the Shipper. We may also approximate your location using your IP address.
- Transaction Information: We collect transactional data relating to the transport services (or other services) that you provide or perform through our platform, including the type of service that was provided or performed, the date and time the service was provided, the distance travelled, hours and other associated transactional data.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device (your own device or any device we provide you with) including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identification code, advertising identification codes, serial numbers, device movement information and mobile network information.
- Telephone call and SMS data: Our Services enable communications between Users and Carriers. In connection with the provision of this service, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or text message, the parties’ phone numbers and the content of the text message.
- Log Information: When you contact the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information such as the device’s IP address, access data and times, app features or page views, app crashes and other system activities, type of browser, and third party sites or services you used before you contacted our Services.
Important platform permissions information
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your approval. And these platforms have different authorization systems to obtain your approval. The iOS platform will alert you the first time if the App2Track app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you approve (or not approve) this request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions requested by the App2Track app before you use it for the first time, and your use of the app constitutes your approval.
Information we obtain from other sources
We may also receive information from other sources and combine it with information we collect through our Services. For example:
- If you use our Services through an account linked to a partner company, we may receive information about you from that partner company.
- Clients may provide us with a driver’s review or similar assessment of the service you provide to them.
- If you are also contacting our Services in another capacity, for example to request on-demand services as a User, or as a user of other apps that we may provide, we may combine that information or associate it with information that we have received from you in your capacity as a Carrier.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- provide, maintain and improve our Services, including, for example, enabling payments, sending receipts, providing products and services (and sending related information), developing new features, providing customer service to Users and Carriers, developing a security function, verifying users, sending product updates and administrative messages;
- perform internal work, including, for example, to prevent fraud and misuse of our Services; to resolve software bugs and operational problems; to perform data analysis, testing and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- send messages or enable communications (i) between you and a User (e.g., a customer) such as estimated arrival times (ETAs) or (ii) between you and a contact of yours at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as referrals.
We may exchange the information we collect about you as described in this Policy or as described at the time of collection or exchange, including as follows:
Through our services
We can exchange your information:
- with Users in connection with their request for transportation or other services; for example, we may exchange your name, personal photograph, photograph of your vehicle, vehicle licence, make and model of the vehicle, approximate location or location, average rating provided by Users and certain contact information (depending on your location and applicable law); once you have provided the requested services, we will send to the User a receipt by e-mail or other means, which may include a Policy of the amounts charged, your name, contact information, photograph, a map of the route you have taken and other transaction details;
- with other people, at your direction, in connection with a particular service, or with third parties in order to provide you with a service that you have requested through a partnership or by us, such as services for route optimization, traffic notifications and navigation services;
- with the general public if you submit content to a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts or other features of our Services that are viewed by the general public;
- with third parties with whom we may share information from you, for example, other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or third parties with an API or Service with which we integrate; and
- with your partner transport company and necessary third parties hired by us or by the partner company, if you use the Services through an account linked to a partner company.
Other important exchanges
We can exchange your information:
- with App2Track subsidiaries and affiliates that provide services or perform data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and/or logistics purposes;
- with vendors, consultants, marketing partners and other service providers who need access to such information to perform work on our behalf;
- in response to a request for information by an appropriate authority if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or otherwise required by, applicable laws, regulations, ordinances, licenses, exploitation agreements, or legal process;
- with law enforcement officials, government agencies, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of App2Track or others;
- in connection with or during negotiations for mergers, disposals of corporate assets, consolidations or restructurings, financings or acquisitions of all or any part of our business by or in any other business;
- if we inform you by other means and you consent to the exchange; and
- in an aggregated and/or anonymous form that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools that allow you to share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites or media and vice versa. Your use of these features allows you to exchange information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you agree with the social sharing service. Please review the privacy policies of these social sharing services to learn more about how they handle the information you provide or share with them.
You can correct your account information at any time by logging into your online or in-app account. If you wish to cancel your account, please email us at support@App2Track.com. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For example, if you have an outstanding credit or debt in your account or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms and Conditions, we may attempt to resolve the issue before we remove your information.
App2Track will comply with individual requests regarding access, correction and/or deletion of the personal data it stores, in accordance with applicable legislation.
Information about the location
We seek permission for our app to collect the exact locations of your device (your own device or one that we provide) through the consent system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially approve the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, you will not be able to provide services on the App2Track platform if you disable our collection of precise location information. In addition, by disabling our collection of precise locations of your device, you will not limit our ability to derive your location approximately from your IP address.
You may choose not to receive promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you choose to do so, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as messages about your account, about the Services you have requested, or about our ongoing business relationships.
Cookies and advertising
Changes to the Policy
We may amend this Policy from time to time. If we make significant changes to the way we treat your personal information, or to the Policy, we will notify you through the Services or any other means such as email. Your continued use of the Services after this notice will signify your acceptance of these changes. We encourage you to review this Policy regularly for the latest information on our privacy practices.